"If you can't measure it, you can't manage it."
Most farmers and their advisers are very aware of their environmental responsibilities and the need to minimise Nitrogen losses but they also have other reasons to fine tune Nitrogen inputs:
- Over application wastes money and causes crop lodging.
- Under application means failure to achieve yield potential and quality premiums.
- Cross compliance and the Single Farm Payment increasingly depend on farmers being able to justify their input decisions.
Improving the efficiency of Nitrogen use will bring both economic and environmental gains. Better Nitrogen management means:
- Applying just enough Nitrogen to meet crop requirement.
- Recognising the contribution of organic manures.
- Ensuring adequate P and K indices and soil pH for optimum N response.
- Providing sufficient amounts of Sulphur to maximise utilisation of N applied.
Using the unique Nitrogen soil testing service - GrowHow N-Min® Service - will in help you gain optimum crop performance in yield and margin and a lower environmental impact.